I was so excited and honored when Boulder Lifestyle Magazine came to me and asked if could photograph Charlie Papazian, the founder of the Association of Brewers and The Great American Beer Festival (GABF). He’s also the president of the Brewers Associaton located in Boulder, as well as the auther of The Complete Joy of Home Brewing, which happens to be on my bookshelf. With the GABF just around the corner, I thought this would be a good time to blog post things that are meaningful or “On The Desk Of” Charlie Papazian.
1. His most memorable photo shoot with Kathy Irelend in 1989.
2. His favorite beer stein. It’s the world’s largest beer stein. He told me that he won it in a fundraiser raffle that he bought 2 tickets for.
3. The ingredient that started his homebrewing in 1970.
4. His book and go-to reference.
6. The first craft beer to ever be put in a can, filled with his very own homebrew that was brewed in his home in St. Louis.
8. His grandfather’s bottle capper.
Not featured in the magazine, but something I wanted to share is his favorite candle and his grandfather’s wooden spoon.
Charlie in front of his hops at his home.
Publication: Boulder Lifestyle Magazine